Skip to content

One of the main compressors for the refrigeration bearing started to seize up. The compressor overheated and smoked which set off the fire alarm to the building. The fire department responded and reported the compressor was well over 450 degrees.

The fire department was going to shut down the whole refrigeration system which could have lost hundreds of thousands of dollars in perishable food. The president of Central Florida Store Services was able to explain to the fire department how to isolate the electrical for that compressor and make it safe so the whole rack would not be shut down while a service tech was in route. The old compressor was removed and a new Bitzer compressor was installed and programmed with Danfoss the next day.

Categorised in: