Refrigeration/HVAC Level 4 Service Technician
Service Level 4 Technician is required to repair and overhaul refrigeration, heating and ventilation equipment to ensure customer needs are met efficiently, accurately and on-time. Advanced solid state controls; oil systems, safety controls; mechanical sub-cooling; Head pressure controls for energy reduction; Energy management systems (EMS); refrigeration rack oil systems; advanced defrost diagnosis and DX rack start-up.
Refrigeration/HVAC Tech Job Duties:
· Provides supervision and leadership back-up to the service manager.
· Can assist in evaluating and training lower-level technicians and can fill in for an area supervisor or service manager in their absence.
· Troubleshoot rack control systems and EMS systems
· Understand variable speed drives. Troubleshoot VFD Systems
· Troubleshoot and repair all electrical and mechanical components of a supermarket refrigeration and control system
· Perform start-up of supermarket refrigeration systems
· Understand programming of computer control systems
· Provides department support by processing job tickets, work orders to the necessary department in a timely manner
· Provides necessary training to new or less qualified technicians as needed
· Maintains proper truck inventory continuously, and drives company vehicle in a safe manner
· Performs other related duties and projects as assigned by management
Refrigeration/HVAC Tech Job Requirements:
· Minimum 5 years of related field experience.
· EPA certification. (universal)
· Expert knowledge of refrigeration, HVAC, ice machines, gas furnaces, and electrical.
· Expert knowledge of single systems, rack systems, display cases and walk-in boxes.
· Ability to troubleshoot and repair computer controls.
· Excellent mechanical skills.
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships with customers and management
· Must be able to lift up to 50lbs in the performance of duties.
· Overtime is required when needed.
· On-call rotation is required.
· Good driving record
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $32.00 – $37.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Refrigeration & HVAC: 5 years (Required)
- EPA Type II (Preferred)